DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

For the past month I have been experiencing persistent low

Hello. For the past month I have been experiencing persistent low mood and am struggling to get the same enjoyment out of interactions and activities as I used to to. I'm still able to function but it is slightly harder than normal. I started off seeing this mildness as a plus but stumbled across an article on dysthymia and now fear I have that and this is me for years to come. Sounds a big leap I know but I also suffer with anxiety, which generally I have learned to manage. Still I am prone to catastrophising.I have experienced feelings like this before about 10 years ago which lifted after a number of months, but I can't seem to take any comfort in that now that I'm worried this is me for life. Believing you can recover is an important part of recovery I know, but I'm struggling with that at the moment. I feel destined to be one of the unlucky ones.I'm disabled so my personality is vital to how I interact with the world, without it I feel lost and hopeless. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Hello Andy! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Which medicine are you taking currently ?

Do you have any investigations done to find the cause of your illness ?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No medications currently. And I haven't spoken to anyone yet no.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello?

Your symptoms are suggestive of severe depression

You must make an appointment with a psychiatrist and have further evaluation

This will require medicines to control your depressive illness like citalopram

I would agree to continue cognitive behavioral therapy as well

Please do let me know if you have any other questions
If done please don't forget to leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING