Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Hoping you can help. I've had a rash on my back for quite a

Hi, hoping you can help.I've had a rash on my back for quite a few months, and at first I thought it was just acne and would disappear in time. Looking more closely, I have noticed that it looks more like small, wart-like bumps, with a clear appearance. I do seem to have areas of acne which break out occasional, is there something you can advise for both of these symptoms?I have two pictures which I can send across.Regards,Andrew

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Please upload photos here.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for coming back to me.Please find images attached, as requested.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have the images come through okay?Thanks.

Yes thank you, ***** ***** came through.

These are not warts and not acne entirely either. The flesh colored bumps that you see are fibormas (hard fibromas). They are benign nodules that occur as a result of scarring and usually as a consequence of acne on the back which is scratched or heals due to secondary intention.

Unfortunately, when one occurs, the treatment is to have it removed. There is no ointment or cream that you can use to get rid of these.

You will have to see your Dermatologist. Options are: to leave them alone and do nothing, to have them frozen off in the office or to have them shaved and cauterized in the office.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for the response, I will need to consider my next step and will look into a Dermatologist.

You're welcome.

Glad I could help.

Please do leave a positive rating for the service.

Best wishes.