DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

For the last 2 and half months I have been suffering extreme

Hi for the last 2 and half months I have been suffering extreme nausea. I have acid reflux too but this is controlled by lansoprazole. I have a feeling of fullness & discomfort after eating small meals and often get bloated.
I have lost 4.5 kgs in this time, the last 10 days alone I’ve lost 2 kgs (I’m only very slight as it is) despite eating a very high fat, caloried diet.
Last September I had a pin capsule endoscopy which showed 2 polyps and superficial inflammation.
In Jan this year I was diagnosed with breast cancer but following surgery that is all cleared and I’m now about to begin radiotherapy. I also take tamoxifen.
I am out of my mind with worry that I now have stomach cancer. Early Jan I had a CT scan with IV contrast from chest down to see if the breast cancer had spread.
The CT scan showed no cancer anywhere else.
Would the CT scan with contrast have shown any possible cancer in my stomach?
My full blood count is fine but I’m awaiting iron studies results.Hope you can help me.Thank youMegan

Hello Megan! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I am sorry to hear about your health

CT scan with contrast can miss a stomach cancer

I would suggest that you do go for an upper GI endoscopy

The only worrying thing for me is the recent weight loss

The good thing is that your full blood counts are fine as with a stomach cancer one can expect a low hemoglobin or anemia

So to be absolutely certain I would suggest you to have an upper GI endoscopy

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards