Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I find it difficult to have vaginal sex with my husband, we

I find it difficult to have vaginal sex with my husband, we have been married fr 2.5 years and everytime we try its a fail. I have been reading about the different kinds of hymens, vaginisum amd lack of testosterone? Could one of these be the cause

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

can you tell me why there is failure?

do you have a dry vagina?

is he too soft to penetrate?

have you tried oral sex? or manual masturbation and stimulation for foreplay?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Every time he tries to penetrate, i feel like my muscles tighten up due to the fear of pain, we hve tried lubrication which does not help either

are you able to enter yourself with your fingers without pain?

is he able to enter you with his fingers without pain?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
he is able to enter with his finger, there is slight discomfort there, any more than 1 finger, again can not do

it sounds like you may benefit from some mild gentle vaginal dilation with a small vaginal dilator or small vaginal toy vibrator as well which could help your vagina slowly stretch wider

if you are petite, and young and haven't had children, you can have a narrow vaginal canal which can take some time to slowly stretch

with lubrication and gentle pressure, your vaginal canal can slowly stretch wider

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Should i see a gynecologist just to have a pelvic exam anx see that everything is okay

you can have a gyn examination with a doctor.

most likely everything will be found to be ok

but it can be 100% normal for you to have a narrow vaginal canal

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjZxaKnyv7ZAhUJSw0KHTkqC7oYABALGgJxYg&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAESEeD2goX97VUR3_hvX7aETYTF&sig=AOD64_3IYybf0QXJc5wjmzWSniZLR_M7tw&ctype=5&q=&ved=0ahUKEwjQqZ2nyv7ZAhWpnuAKHU-gCNMQwg8IQw&adurl=

some women benefit from using a set of vaginal dilators to slowly stretch their vaginal canals wider to allow for intercourse

thanks for the positive feedback
You can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions.
Here is my website if you need to reach me:
http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/
Thanks for using JustAnswers.com