DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Have had an intolerance test done, and it says im intolerant

Hi, have had an intolerance test done, and it says im intolerant to barley..What things do i need to avoid, online answers are vague, and one site says go gluten free, but im not intolerant to wheat, im ever so confused?!

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

It is not specifically a celiac disease

There is a protein called gluten found in wheat,barley and rye

A intolerance to barley does not necessarily means an intolerance to wheat or celiac disease

This is just a kind of food allergy and you have to avoid it but it is not celiac disease

Do you have any other question?

I am available to assist you any further till you are satisfied

If done please leave a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Ok

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Im struggling to work out what foods contain barley.. this is something im interested to find out if possible
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Any advice on things containing barley would be welcome

Please see this link for barley products

http://www.allergy-details.com/gluten-free-diet/foods-contain-barley/

I hope this was helpful

rEGARDS