Dr. Phil, MD
Dr. Phil, MD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  GP in the United States
55099014

I am feeling very strange and i dont know what it is. It

Customer Question

Hi there, i am feeling very strange and i dont know what it is. It might sound weird but i really really detached from everything like im not here properly. I actually feel like im going to die. Its really frightening me can you help?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 21 days ago.

Hello. I'm Dr. Phil, licensed and practicing internist. Excellent service is my goal.

Usually this is meds or anxiety

do you take any meds?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
No no meds. Really can anxiety make me feel really ill? Its like im floating around 24/7

Yes, it absolutely can

do you have anxiety?

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Ive had it in the past like 3 years ago but never felt like this q

I think you need evaluated for it now

it is a common symptom in severe anxiety

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you, and that I have earned my 5 star rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5 stars at the top of the screen ( rating me now does not close your question).

We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Do you think it could be life threatening?

No I don't think so

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I feel so surreal i cant even describe it. Its like i cant see people or objects properly and it feels like i could just not be here in a minute. In your opinion could this be anything but anxiety?

I know what you are thinking and feeling

I understand it

If it were some other issue with your brain you would have other symptoms like weakness, dizziness, etc

you do not

I believe it is anxiety

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Im sitting in the pub now having tea but i literally feel like im.not here. Its the weirdest and scariest thing ive ever experienced. What can i do to make this a bit better? I feel like i csnt function at all
You need treatment for anxiety. It is the body's natural response to anxiety. It tries to separate itself
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Can it just hit you out of nowhere? I was fine and i started to feel funny about 4 days ago and now its just spiralled and got so bad

Yes it can

I suggest you see a doctor ASAP and have blood work done too

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I cant get an appointment for over a week.is there anything i can do in the meantime?

You could always try something for anxiety over the counter like st John wort or valerian but I wouldn't recommend that

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Im sorry for keep asking but could it defo not be physical? Im convinced its cancer or something. Im not kidding i literally feel like i could die any second. Im sorry if i sound mad

No you would not have cancer

cancer NEVER would present like this

I'm sure of it

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Is there any other physical illnesses that would?
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 20 days ago.

No , none that I am aware of

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
Im scared to sleep. Cant focus or function. I think what im finding so hard is the fact i cant 100% describe how im feeling and i really do feel like im dying. Ive never been more certain of anything in my life

I'm certain this is anxiety

go to A and E

Customer: replied 20 days ago.
What will a&e do? Its like theres loads of cloud in my head and i cant see properly, focus or function. Is that anxiety?

they can give you medicine

yes it is

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Will this ever end? Im scared. I dont understand how i keep waking up every morning when i feel like this
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 19 days ago.

Like I said you need anxiety treatment

meds and counseling

Customer: replied 19 days ago.
Is it normal to feel like you are dying though 24/7? It just seems impossible for a way out of this. I just dont feel like im even in my body
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 18 days ago.

Yes, that is normal with severe anxiety

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
If i could just believe i wasnt dying. I might be able to cope. Im never been so terrified in my life. I feel so unwell

Its been several days.

something would have happened by now

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Would there be other symptoms if somethi g was really wrong?

yes something else. there would have to be something

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do you understand where im coming from though? I feel so so unwell so how can nothing be wrong with me?

Yes, I understand.
I have seen it multiple times before

and talking to you it is confirmed

it is severe anxiety

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Really, have there been alot of people feel like this? I actually feel like the only one coz nobody seems to understand

I see it all the time

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Do the other people think they are dying aswell and feel completely disconnected and spaced out?

yes

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I literally feel like im one step away from being dead. Its like im not in my body anymore.

I'm not sure if there is much more I can do to reassure or help you

clearly you need to see a doctor near you for anxiety treament

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
Im sorry, i think its all stemmed from.a lumpy spot i found in my breast about 2 weeks ago. Ive had it checked by doctor who said it seems to be on the skin not breast tissue so not to worry but im still very concerned about it

Not a problem.

But I'm sure you can appreciate how that would trigger anxiety

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I can but i still.dont understand how it could make me feel so ill. Thats the bit im struggling with
Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 17 days ago.
The human mind has complete control over the body.
I think we've exhausted the help I can give you. Please rate 5 stars. I appreciate it.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Ive spoken to doctor and i now have appointment in 2 days. I hope i can star5 feeling better at some point coz this is torture

me too

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 14 days ago.
Thanks for this question.I strive for 5 star services for all customers.If you have more questions, just reply :)
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Ive been to the doctors now and they have given me medication. Im still convinced im.dying though. Would they have picked up on anything physical?

if you accept a small fee we can continue this as long as you like

Expert:  Dr. Phil, MD replied 12 days ago.
Thanks for this question. I strive for 5 star services for all customers. If you have more questions, just reply :)