wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I have done four home fit bowl tests that were negative over

Customer Question

I have done four home fit bowl tests that were negative over last six months I have done a font for my local hospital which was also negative. I have had to do a further Fit Test for Hospital which has come back positive. My DRs have record of recieving the results .All I can gleam is that I have a Level 7 of sometning and level 4 is considered low.I have sufferec from constipation and have had anal fissure s.I have reacted no blood in my stools or in clothing g
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry I should of written that my Drs have no record of results and have no record of asking for a further BOWL TEST
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Can you tell me more about these bowel fit tests? What are they, where do you get them?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
sorry THE FULL NAME OF TEST KIS FAECAL IMMUNOCHEMICAL TEST BOUGHT ONLNE SUPPOSED TOBE AS GOOD AS THE NHS TEST
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Thank you for that additional information.

I am familiar with this test kit. It helps to look for any sign of colon cancer by testing for blood in your stool that may be coming from your lower intestines.

If the Fit Test for Hospital came back positive I would expect the doctors to want to recheck that result or even, maybe, set you up to see a GI specialist for a complete exam and, if indicated, colonoscopy.

As you know anal fissures can cause a false positive result in these tests.....

So. What is the take home message?

At this point I do not believe you have anything to worry about.

It is very unlikely that you have any sort of intestinal cancer given the results you have discussed here today.

If indicated I am sure your doctors will send you to see a GI specialist for further testing.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Have a good week :)