wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Asking for my wife aged 79 why she woke up this morning and

Customer Question

I am John asking for my wife aged 79 why she woke up this morning and was unable to get out of bed due to insufficient strength in the legs, She could not stand up or get to the loo but with my help we managed to get to the bathroom. She is up now but talking about going to the Doc tomorrow. Is this a case of extreme nervous reaction to doing to many jobs around the house?
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

I would not put this off to extreme nervous reaction.

Your best -- and really only -- course of action at this point is to call for an ambulance and get her to the A&E for a full exam.

This could be very serious.... a stroke, a blood clot etc.

Do not wait until tomorrow.......call now.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Sorry but we cannot go as far as you suggest. We cannot rate the symptoms so serious. We will consult our GP and see what he says. Will let you know outcome.
Expert:  wieyedoc replied 5 months ago.

Ok. You are right there so you can see exactly how she is doing....

I hope she feels better soon.

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS