Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I am 21 years old and female, relatively free of health

Customer Question

Hi I am 21 years old and female, relatively free of health problems, however over the course of the last few weeks I have been experiencing pain in my upper back and shoulder (left) and a squeezing of the heart. It feels like it constantly needs to be cracked. I was taking modafinil but have since stopped. I am currently experiencing a large amount of heat and pain in the left side of my chest and shoulder and it is tingling. It is more severe than it has been and feels like an anxiety attack (though I have had that before and can differentiate). Do you think I am having a heart attack? Please help quickly.
Expert:  Dr. David replied 7 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

no, you are not having a heart attack

you are showing signs of bad anxiety symptoms

you need to talk to your doctor about more treatment for your anxiety symptoms