Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I spoke with you Friday. I am still concerned about the lump

Customer Question

I spoke with you Friday. I am still concerned about the lump behind my ear and also lumps I can feel on my neck. I have taken a picture of the one behind my ear please see attached. You cannot see the ones on my nexk you can only feel them. My dr has said they are lymphnodes I have had them for 12 weeks now no changes no 'B' symptoms nothing , except I have neck and shoulder pain which comes and goes. I am very worried and unsure what to do or think.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

If that is you in the picture, then the area is quite erythematous - compare with the other side. If you are worried then the next step is to see your doctor again and get a fine needle aspiration cytology done. This is an office procedure in which via a needle, cells are extracted from the lymph node and sent to the lab for analysis. If there are any concerning findings on the cells, they will notify you and your doctor and the next step can be planned.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The other side is pretty much the same. It's not sore or painful just the bump goes up and down and when it's up it's harder but it changes all through the day, which I find bizarre.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

It is best to followup with your doctor and get a fine needle aspiration and cytology done to diagnose the exact disease or cause of this.