Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Bit of a story but looking good some advice. I have a two

Customer Question

Hi there , bit of a long story but looking good some advice . I have a two and a half year old son that I conceived wishing theee months of trying . Fast forward to August last year I came off the pill to try for another baby . In November I had a chemical pregnancy and in December fell pregnant again miscarrying after a couple of weeks of finding out. It was suggested that I had blood tests completed which I did . The results came back with a high level of leutenising hormone ( the nurse I spoke to said only one count above the allowance ) she then stated that as it was mid cycle I should undertake another blood test on the first day of my nect period . Eight weeks later still has not arrived . I visited the gp surgery again with another gp stating my results point towards polysistic ovaries and I should be referred for a scan . This upset me and I panicked and booked a private scan which was undertaken on Monday . The sonographer stated that no abnormal growths etc could be found and he also undertook an internal scan checked my ovaries etc and said I’m perfectly healthy . He then stated that there appears to be a gestation sack at fundus measuring in at under five weeks pregnant ... he told me to take another pregnancy test and wait it out . I have taken several all negative .... there are no signs of my period at all and I’m now left completely confused . I have read about people not showing positive on a hpt test for weeks or even entire pregnancies but it just seems very strange . I’m now in complete limbo and have no idea what to do . If it wasn’t a gestation sack he saw what else could it possibly be ? Any advice given would be much appreciated . I paid £200 for the scan and believed it to be a reputable source but now I’m unconvinced as surely a hpt year would show up positive after four weeks ? Regards Charlie
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 5 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. Your scan does not appear to be reliable. If your pregnancy test was negative then you are not pregnant and there is no gestational sac. You do not have pco if you became pregnant twice in several months. I think you should consider just continuing to try to conceive