Dr. Das, MD
Dr. Das, MD, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MD, with wide experience in all aspects of medical treatment, including cancer therapy.
3452947

I gave a lot of blood coming from my anus, I assume this is

Customer Question

I gave a lot of blood coming from my anus, I assume this is down to having external piles but now I’m seeing clots in the blood. Should I be concerned?
I’ve looked at symptoms with other causes and there are a some I can identify with.Recently I’ve had a numbness in my arm, it lasted a few weeks but now it’s gone.I’m not the best at getting to bed early due to working too much.I’m not stressed or depressed in anyway but I can say that my body has not been respected over the past few years.What to do?I’m booking an appointment with the docs today. They already know about the piles and the numb arm.Cheers,Warren
Expert:  Dr. Das, MD replied 5 months ago.

Welcome and thank you for your question.

Piles, as you probably already know, are caused by engorged veins.
Piles generally do not cause too much bleeding unless the the veins rupture - this will also cause clots inside the veins from leaking out.

Another cause for blood clots can be rectal polyps. These polyps can sometimes bleed heavily enough to cause formation of blood clots.

Please ask your doctor for a colonoscopy to rule out or confirm polyps.

I hope this helped.
Let me know if you need more information.
If not, please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I didn’t make it to the doctors. Is it ok for this to wait until Monday?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Do you pay by question on this website? I thought it would be for the day?Cheers

Yes, you can wait till Monday. But if the bleeding increases, you will need to see a doctor.

Yes, payment is by question.

Please click on a positive rating ( 5 stars) to leave feedback.