DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 29 years old man and had protected sex with a sex

Hi doctorI am 29 years old man and had protected sex with a sex worker 6-8 ago. After 4-5 weeks of this incident, I started with penis pain, burning pain during urine/ erection, it was worse when sitting i also developed muscle pain needles and pins all over body (especially forearm, thigh and legs)It lasted for 2 weeks, with mild fever for 3 days due to stress and anxiety I think due to this incident. I went to GP and he quickly tested my urine and said he thinks it is UTI, so he sent urine sample to lab and prescribed nitrofurantoin 50mg which I completed the dose for 1 week.I was told that my urine lab results came normal. Despite completing my antibiotics, I still have tingling pain all over body (penis pain is much better though)I am very much worried about this condition and reading on internet about HIV , since then I am very scared and stressed thinking I may have been infected.I DON'T have cold, soar throat, fever, diarrhea,I HAVE tingling pain on (right hand is most affected) finger and forearm,
I HAVE tingling pain on (right leg is most affected), thigh and shin
I also get tingling pain on random places on body
It comes and goes
I notice this pain worse when sittingDue to stress, I start headache in the evenings.. but when I wake up, I feel fresh and healthy -- as I think about my condition, it is getting worse and worse.Please advice what could be the reason for my condition, could this be HIV or anything else? that's very scary. Please help
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
6-8 weeks ago*
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I have no skin rash

Hello Naresh! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

I can,t see these symptoms are due to an HIV exposure or infection

I would say that you should have an STD test but in the given circumstances there is hardly a risk for HIV

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thank you. Your answer indeed gave me little comfort.If it is not HIV, what might be causing my symptoms..? Do my symptoms match with any other STDs or general health condition which is not related to STD at all? If yes, what that likely to be?

It can be a local skin infection like a fungal infection

Or these can be symptoms of anxiety as well

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Thanks but I still worry about this -I read about Peripheral Neuropathy caused by HIV. Does this happen early stage when a person recently infected or this happens at later stage?
HIV neuropathy is a late complication of HIV
Regards a

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating