Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

The skin on my penis is dry and irritated. i try not to

Customer Question

the skin on my penis is dry and irritated. i try not to touch it mostly but it gets very itchy on the shaft the the tip. I am generally very clean and wash every day. i have only had sex with my partner and have been together for just over a year the problem has only occurred in the last 3 months or so..I took fluconazole 150mg which actually worked temporarily and i was fine for about a month and now it has come back.
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Can you please post a photo here?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
one moment
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
some times it looks worse with flaking skin on tip. but just itchy on shaft near tip
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Thanks for the reply.

It looks like fungal infection, you need to apply clotrimazole cream over it and followup with your doctor for another course of fluconazole orally. You can take or apply Claritin or any antihistamine as well to control itching.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.