Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

My 78yo mother in law felt down to the floor yesterday eve

My 78yo mother in law felt down to the floor yesterday eve about 1m height and hit her left hips, elbow & chin. She could walk after that in her bedroom in first floor but now she can't walk without help, can't take a step because of hips. There is small bruise and she can move her leg and there is no pain when lay down and don't move, pain only when move. Should we get her to hospital now?

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated swelling, tenderness in the affected areas?

Have you done any first -aid?

Is she taking any medications?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Only little bit swell and small bruise inside groin. She don't feel pain if not move, tender if push finger. Happens late yesterday eve so only rest. When stand she feels her left leg can't take weight. She have medicals for blood pressure but for this she haven't take any pain killers.

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, it sounds bursitis/ tendonitis in the hip.

You should apply cool compresses with an ice pack on the affected area.

Also, do gentle massage with muscle relaxant ointment and give her OTC Motrin.

If she is unable to put weight on the affected leg then an X-ray must be done in her case to rule out a hairline fracture.

See her doctor or an Orthopedist tomorrow morning.

In case of unbearable pain then visit an emergency room.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** of doctor or an Orthopedist you think is available tomorrow morning? It's Sunday...

Sorry for late reply and inconvenience.

Yes, it's Sunday and you need to see her in an emergency room as most of the doctors or specialist will be off duty on Sunday.

Doctors in an emergency room can initially provide treatment according to the underlying cause of her pain.

They can prescribed medications.

Hope this helps.
Use reply to let me know if you have further queries.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars and avoid poor/bad rating.
A bonus is highly appreciated.
We are here to help you until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.