DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

For the last 4/5 years I have had a recurring rash, a few

For the last 4/5 years I have had a recurring rash, a few times a year. It is raised pink/red bumps along the tops of my fingers (from knuckle to mid-finger). Occasionally it will appear on my elbow. Right hand is usually more affected than left. There is no dryness of skin at all and no trigger that I can identify. Please help!!

Hello Kristine! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Can you please attach a picture of the rash ?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please find attached

Does this itch as well?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
moderate itch during the day (I think I have trained myself to keep my mind off it) but extremely itchy at night. I should add as well that the rash occurs regardless of season/heat, I get it in cold winter and in hot climates also.

Thanks for the information

It looks like a dermatitis or eczema to me

You can apply 1% hydrocortisone over it and that will be helpful

If it does not go away then you might need to see the doctor for a prescription strength topical steroids

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello DrIs it still likely to be eczema/dermatitis given that there is no dryness of the skin and it only appears in one specific area of my hand? It doesn’t appear on my palms or the bottoms of my hands at all.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Also can you be more specific as to the type of eczema or dermatitis?

Yes it seems like it

This will get better with topical steroids

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can you advise as to the specific kind of eczema or dermatitis?

It could be an allergic dermatitis OR eczema

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thank you. Could you advise as to what types of things could trigger that allergy?

Dry skin,stressful conditions,menstruation etc

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

You are welcome

Please leave a 5-stars rating so as to credit my service