wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

Second opinion] I developed an age spot on my lower left

second opinion] I developed an age spot on my lower left lip. What treatment is available to get rid of it? Preferably non surgical.

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Can you upload a closeup, in excellent focus picture showing the lesion on your lip?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Lower lip

Thank you for the picture.

I suggest you consult with a dermatologist or a cosmetic surgeon for a complete evaluation.

But, unfortunately, I think surgery is going to be the only viable option to get rid of that spot.

That being said surgical excision should provide you with excellent, long term, cosmetic results....

Make sense?

I hope this information was helpful for you. But I do work for tips so I want to make sure you are happy with me before rating me. If you have another question on this or a related issue feel free to fire away. You may also receive an email survey after our chat, if you can please give me the top rating in all areas. It has been a pleasure to assist you today.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Can you so microdermabrasion on lip?

That is an excellent question and the answer is:

Maybe.

It depends on how deep the age spot goes. Also, it is very difficult to get a good cosmetic result that way on the lip as even the slightest color variation on the edge of the treatment is very visible.

I still think surgical excision is going to give the best cosmetic result.

But, after examining you, the dermatologist will be able to go over all your options in depth.

Make sense?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS