Dr. David
Dr. David, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board Certified Physician
41363181

I haven’t been able to pass stools in the last 2 weeks. It

I haven’t been able to pass stools in the last 2 weeks. It feels if there’s a hard mass of faeces at the bottom of my rectum and a brown discharge is leaking out around it. I’m getting bowel movements but I can’t pass any stools. It feels uncomfortable. Can you help?

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

2 weeks is a long time

you should see a doctor and get a finger rectal examination

you may need to get stool disimplacted and plucted out of your rectum by a doctor or nurse to help it get out of there if you are too weak to push it out.

you may need an enema to help get the stool out of your rectum

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I saw a doctor today and was prescribed CosmoCol one sachet per day. Its not helping. Where should I go next?