DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I get periodic irregular heartbeat and have been prescribed

I get periodic irregular heartbeat and have been prescribed sotalol,
my heartbeat is normally 60 - 70,over the last 2 days I have had a cough, feel weak and aching all over as if I have caught something and my heart rate has gone up to over 100, I have been waiting to see if this goes right when I shake of whatever I have caught, is this the correct approach

Hello Michael! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This seems like a viral infection giving rise to a slightly increase in heart rate

I would expect your pulse to be in the same range again once these symptoms will resolve

This might take 5-7 days on average

You can take Acetaminophen and Loratadine to help with your current symptoms

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards