Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I recently found a dried up used condom in a packet of kale

I recently found a dried up used condom in a packet of kale that me and my family had been consuming.
Are we at any risk of illness or diseases? And do we need to get any tests done?

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Luckily, viruses causing diseases like HIV, Hepatitis B and C etc do not survive in dried up environments and are not spread by the oral route. If you do not have any diarrhea, vomiting or GI upsets then there is nothing more serious you should be concerned about with this.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you.