wieyedoc
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
48069651

I was just wondering if u can get a diagnosis for a mental

Hi I was just wondering if u can get a diagnosis for a mental health issue
So I have mood swings quite a lot but I have periods of 4 certain moods. It’s a bit weird because it doesn’t matter what’s going on I will have the certain mood that I’ve as for maybe a week or so. They don’t always have an order but here they are: one is a very low,depressed mood where I won’t want to get out of bed in the morning and I’m extremely suicidal everyday. I’ll also just feel like there’s no point in doing anything and I’ll really really hate the way I look (I always do but at this period it’s constantly on my mind) I also feel really lonely and ignored and basically invisible then I also have really anxious stressed moods where I will often have panick attacks and think everyone’s looking at me and be constantly thinking that person hates me and just be quite paranoid in general. I will also get really stressed and feel like everything’s overwhelming. I also have a kind of numb period where I just kind of feel empty and don’t really feel much at all. I also have periods where I go from really happy to really sad. I’ll be really crazy and eccentric in this period. These last two periods are generally shorter that the first two. I also want to not that I self harm. Basically I’ve looked online loads on tests but I always feel like they’re probably wrong
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I also just wanted to add I’ve been experiencing this for 4 years
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It said eight minutes but it’s been 1/2 hour if I don’t have it by tomorrow I’ll be extremely dis

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

Have you consulted with your pediatrician?

What do your parents feel about all this?

How are you doing in school?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
No, some of my friends have been and they didn’t do anything and didn’t diagnose them.
My mum knows but she doesn’t know everything but I think she has a similar experience
I don’t really like school but I’m not failing anything however I want to get 7+ in all my subjects
I don’t have any other medical issues

Thank you for that additional information.

From what you have posted the best thing for you to do is consult with your GP, tell her exactly what is going on and see if she will refer you to a psychiatrist or PhD level psychologist for a complete workup and, possibly, evaluation using standardized tests.

This will take some time and effort on your part but this way you will have a good diagnosis and be able to set up a treatment plan that will help with all your symptoms.

Does this make sense to you?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thankyou

My pleasure.

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

I wish you the very best.