Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

Ive just noticed a tanned patch with what looks like a mole

Ive just noticed a tanned patch with what looks like a mole on my bum cheek. I haven’t noticed this before and I’m unsure whether it is a mole as it is not raised at any point or if it’s just pigmentation. I’m concerned if it is a mole as it doesn’t look like any of the mole pictures online and wondering whether I should go to a doctors to get it checked. I’m 20 years old
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Bk

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

It does not show any suspicious signs visually which are asymmetrical borders raised and flat, the color is more or less homogenous and there is no ulceration or bleeding. The most characteristic and consistent finding of dangerous moles or moles that should be checked out is itching. If this is not itching then there is not much concern with a mole that looks like this. Having said that, I will still urge that you go and see a dermatologist for documentation of the characteristics and size, in the event that this mole appears to change over the course of the next 6 months, the doctor will have something to compare it with.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you so much!

Glad I could help!

Take good care and please remember to leave a 5-star rating for the service.

Best wishes.