Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I’ve been having palpitations for about a week now only

I’ve been having palpitations for about a week now only happens a few times a day. I had an ECG at the hospital yesterday and it was fine should I still be worried about these? Also had an echo in February and was normal

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

If these are severe, continuous, and disabling then you should do further investigations such as an ambulatory ECG. However, if these palpitations are mild and only occur occasionally then you should not be worried regarding this if your ECG and echo were normal.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
It only happens a few times a day but I’m worried regarding this
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Could co-codamol cause heart palpitations

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Co-codamol only rarely causes heart palpitations and this is not a common adverse effect. However, if the palpitations started after starting this medication then co-codamol is the likely cause.

If the palpitations happen only a few times a day another possible cause is anxiety or caffeine. In this case, these palpitations are not at all worrisome and you can relax.

Take care.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
What do you mean by if they are disabling ?

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

I mean palpitations that are so severe and occurring frequently leading to limiting someone in their movements, senses, or activities.

Take care.