How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask wieyedoc Your Own Question
wieyedoc, Board Certified MD
Category: Medical
Satisfied Customers: 12530
Experience:  Over two decades of clinical practice. Completed a medical internship in New York City
Type Your Medical Question Here...
wieyedoc is online now

I'm 16 years of age. And recently I am starting to get

This answer was rated:

Hello. I'm 16 years of age. And recently I am starting to get worried I might have an issue. I've done some research and worried about Phimosis ? When I am erect I cannot pull my forskin down over the head. And when I recently had sex, it was just painful...

Hi. My name is***** have over two decades of experience, and I'm online and available to help you today.

We can also chat by hone and skype.

What do you mean it was just painful? Can you be more specific?

What type of sexual activity did you engage in?

Do you have any other medical problems or take any medications?

This is not an answer, but an Information Request. I need this information to answer your question. Please reply, so I can answer your question. I look forward to helping you.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Hello Dr Rick, it was vaginal sex I did. And it was painful because my forskin was being pulled back and forth and it hurt when it was pulled back. And no, I have no medical history nor do I take any medication.

Thank you for that additional information.

Well, as you have probably already learned by your other internet searches, the foreskin should be able to be freely and easily moved back and forth over the head of your penis when it is both flaccid and erect.

It does sound like you might have a mild case of phimosis.....

So. What can you do?

1. You can do exercises where, over the course of weeks, you slowly try to stretch the foreskin a very little bit at a time until it can easily glide over your glans. This takes a lot of time and patience and does not always work

2. You can see your GP for medication/ointments that can help with the tight foreskin.

3. The best solution, that works 99.9% of the time (Nothing in life, or medicine works 100% ;-) is circumcision. This is what I would recommend.

Does this make sense to you?

I am happy to be able to help you today. If you would be so kind, please help me get credit for my efforts in answering your questions and press the excellent feedback button for this encounter. And, don’t forget, I work for tips. I would also be happy to continue to answer any more questions you have until we have resolved your concern.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Right, yes that is very helpful thankyou Dr Rick. Before we finish however, would you be able to explain to me a bit about circumcision ? Obviously I know what it is, it's when you have the forskin and the attachment between the penis and the forskin removed. But is there anything else I need to know about it ? And where I go to have it done etc ?

Nope. That is about it.

It is very easy to do and not as painful as you might imagine.

In adults it is usually done by a urologist although I am sure that any general surgeon could get the job done.

Make sense?

It's safe for you to press the positive feedback button now if you so desire. And, never fear, even after you press that button I'll still be right here to continue helping you, but, as I do work for tips, I want to make sure you are happy before rating me.

Dr. Rick MD FACS

wieyedoc and 3 other Medical Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Brilliant - thankyou very much Dr Rick. You've been a big help :)
I shall be giving you a very good rating ��

Thanks :-)

Have a good weekend.