DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have a lump on the back left side of my head and i feel

i have a lump on the back left side of my head and i feel like its increased in size a small amount but i feel its more noticable. No pain, no itchy sensation but im self concious about it and wondered if there was someone in my area i could get advice from

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is it hard or a soft lump?

Since how long you have noticed this lump?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
its semi soft wabbles a little on the fingers. I believe ive had a small lump there since around 12/early teens

Thanks for the information

Is it inside the hair or you can attach a picture of it?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
find attached 3 pics

Thanks for the details

Considering its semi soft appearance and its location it seems like a sebaceous cyst

Usually it is a benign problem

Sometime it can get infected giving rise to pain and worsening of swelling

You can just have it examined by your GP when you visit him but nothing serious in it

The effective way to get rid of it if you want will be a surgical excision

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it a cheap procedure and with little risk? i can feel the lump right next to the bone at the back of my head above the spine
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
would a CT scan locate any irregularities under the skin on my head?

Usually a cyst is diagnosed on examination but if the details are to be seen an ultrasound and a CT scan can be helpful

Yes the procedure of excision is done under local anesthesia and it is very safe

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
thanks i have enough information now. I will rate your advice. Thanks again.