DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am pretty sure that I have some type of worm. I actually

Hi, I am pretty sure that I have some type of worm. I actually have past a couple already and I can feel it too. I am not sure what to do. I am really embarrassed about it. And I dont know where it came from. I have tried to self medicate, but unsuccessfully. The thing I past was pretty big, a blackish color and looked like a jellyfish.
Anything I could find on the internet said something about rope worms. But what is that and is it medically recognized? I can still feel it in my throat.
I would very much appreciate some advise of what to do.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Dear *****,

It seems like an intestinal worm

You need to have a stool analysis for ova,cyst and parasite

This will help in identification of the exact parasite as the treatment will depend upon the type of parasite

Anal itching can be seen in a number of worms so you need to have a stool test to confirm and then get treatment accordingly

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards