Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I have been noticing that when i wake up in the morning, i

I have been noticing that when i wake up in the morning, i usually feel like there is mucous in my throat and it really hurts at time when trying to breathe. its like a blockage towards my nose from throat. my wife even confirms that my snoring at night has really gone bad (very loud). This is surprising since am not fat.
Please advise

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board-certified consultant with over 30 years of experience. I’m reviewing your question and reply you soon.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.

Associated stuffy nose, cough?

Clogged ears?

Since how long have you been suffering from?

Are you taking any medications?

Nausea, heartburn?

Smoking and alcohol intake?

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for your response. see belowAssociated stuffy nose, cough?: a little bit of stuffy nose, no coughClogged ears? non, I clean my ears regularlySince how long have you been suffering from? started about 3 months ago, but it did not pay attention to it, until i started hearing breathing while awake. its like there is a mucous in my throat. a little bit of mucos come out while brushing my teethAre you taking any medications? noNausea, heartburn? once in a whileSmoking and alcohol intake? non smoker, occasional drinks, not drank for about 1 month now

Thanks for all these additional information.

I understand your concern.

Well as you describe, possible causes may include Post nasal drip, Sinusitis, Deviated septum.

Do steam inhalation and saline gargles.
You should take the nasal saline spray and OTC Nasonex spray.
You should take Ibuprofen and Nyquil/Claritin.
You should hydrate yourself with warm liquids.
You should start a multivitamin supplement and vitamin C lozenges.
Take OTC Robitussin DM.
Elevate your head while lying down.
If your symptoms will persist then see your doctor for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.

Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It’s requested to avoid poor/bad rating.

Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.

It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.

Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
thanks for your response. i truly appreciate.
are these drugs available over the counter or i need a prescription especially Nyquil/Claritin.am quite pleased wit your response

Thanks for the follow-up.

These are available over the counter all the medications.

See an ENT specialist for further evaluation and management.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. A bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide a rating.
Kind Regards
Dr.Anil