Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

My doctor has referred me to the Colorectal department at

My doctor has referred me to the Colorectal department at the hospital for further tests and I have received an appointment but they have given no further information. I had intended to attend on my own by driving myself there but I wondered if it is safe to do so or whether there is any chance at all that I may need assistance in getting home after the appointment. I wondered if you would know. Thank you.

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Why were you given the referral?

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I have been having trouble when going to the toilet with pain and a feeling that something else is projecting out after l have finished which l presumed to be a prolapsed bowel. After an examination the doctor was unable to that it is and is sending me for a colonoscopy to see what is wrong.

You can drive yourself to the appointment

You will meet with the gastroenterologist for an interview and exam and review of your medical charts and then you'll be scheduled for the colonoscopy

The procedure won't be done on that first day

Please let me know if you need any more information