Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I’ve been getting sharp shooting pain on the left side of my

Hi I’ve been getting sharp shooting pain on the left side of my chest should i be worried?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

How long does this pain last? How often are you getting this pain? Are you able to do the activities of daily living? How severe is the pain?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Only lasts a few seconds. I’m able to do my living things. It’s sore but I wouldn’t say severe
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’ve just taking nurofen for the pain

Dear customer,

Than you for replying.

Is there any difficulty in breathing? Does the pain reduce after taking Nurofen?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No difficulty in breathing. Yes it reduces
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had an ECG 2 days ago and it was normal plus I had an echo in February and it was normal but I can’t stop thinking something is wrong

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

Pain related to a heart disorder is unlikely to respond to Nurofen. The pain that you are having is caused by muscle problem and soreness. This can be due to muscle overuse and poor posture. It is possible that you had a muscle strain in the chest which will respond to Nurofen.

Another possible cause is costochondritis which is an inflammation of the junctions where the upper ribs join with the cartilage that holds them to the breastbone. This will also cause a similar pain which will respond to Nurofen.

Both of these possible causes are harmless and benign. They will resolve in a few days. You should not be worried regarding this in absence of concerning symptoms such as shortness of breath.

Take care.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I’ve been getting this for some time now also have back pain,arm pain and I’m getting sensations in both my legs too

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

In this case with such widespread distribution of pain, the possible causes are anxiety or a poor posture of the body. Both of these possible causes are harmless however they can take many months to resolve.

Take care.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Could low vitamin D cause these symptoms
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I have low vitamin d

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

A low level of Vitamin D can also rarely cause such widespread pain. Your doctor should take steps to correct your Vitamin D level.

Take care.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
See even though my ecg and echo was normal could there still be something wrong

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

With a normal ECG and Echo, you can be absolutely sure that there is no possible heart cause for your pain.

Take care.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Just worried incase I take a heart attack

Dear customer,

Thank you for replying.

A heart attack will not cause such widespread pain and also it won't be a mild pain. With a heart attack, one will not be able to activities of daily living. Associated symptoms such as shortness of breath can occur with a heart attack.

Take care.