DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I wondered if you could help me. I am a 37 yr old healthy

Hi, I wondered if you could help me. I am a 37 yr old healthy lady. On the 11th April I felt normal, drove to work and not long after arriving I felt a terrible headache and went very white. I felt dizzy so went outside and was sick twice. An hr later I still felt awful so drive home. The next four days my headache continued but I was able to walk around. By the 16th April I was no longer able to walk around. The pain in my head has remained severe, with neck ache that comes and goes but is extremely painful. I have a sore jaw and I have a constant noise in my ears. I have been sick and not had any appetite. The pain is in the centre of my head. I have had a CAT scan and MRI scan and these have come back clear. I have to wait till June for an appointment with a neurologist. But everyday is so painful I can't wait. No medicine has helped and I am only capable of lying in bed as when I get up the pain is immense. Please could you advise what is happening. Thank you

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Is the headache generalized or localized ?

Do you have any blood tests as well ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Hi doctor,
My bloods and scans are all normal. My headache is in the front of my head...either around eyebrows or slightly higher up. It has never been anywhere else than the front. It can be throbbing or when standing up it feels like I've walked into a wall the pain has me doubled over. I feel more nausea now than when it started and I feel shaky. Thank you

Any stress or anxiety ?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I have been stressed by a situation but that was resolved at the end of march.

Thanks for the information

Considering a normal CAT scan and MRI the possibility of anything serious in the brain is unlikely

It can be a pain due to nerve irritation as in that case the scans can be normal

I agree that you should have an examination by the neurologist

Nerve irritation or compression can be responsible for the severe headache

Another possibility could be a disorder of chronic widespread pain like fibromyalgia which is common at a young age and all the tests can be normal

This can be treated with drugs like Duloxetine or Pregablin along side and some psychological counselling

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thank you for your advice. Could I ask you what are the symptoms of nerve irritation and is there any pain relief that you would recommend considering we are trying to conceive ...thank you

You can use Duloxetine or Pregablin and it will not have any effect on the conception but once you conceive you will need to stop it

Nerve irritation can have such kind of pain and can be judged on examination

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-Stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks Dr,
I appreciate the advice about medication.
I am on a waiting list to see a neurologist but that won't be till June. Would it be possible to be passed onto a neurologist on this site? Thank you

You can request the question again from neurologist to have a second opinion and they can respond you when available

If you are satisfied with the response a POSITIVE FEEDBACK RATING will be highly appreciated