Dr.Saleem
Dr.Saleem, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS
23101880

How does lymphoma chest pain feel? I have constant chest

How does lymphoma chest pain feel ? I have constant chest pain and it’s jusg not going. I have had an x Ray but this shows all clear I have lymph nodes all around my body which have been ultrasound and they said they are reactive and she doesn’t think I have lymphoma but recently I have chest pain for two weeks non stop I don’t no if it is anxiety or linked to this

Hello and welcome to JA. Dr Saleem here. Will be answering you shortly

Well lymphoma would present with other symptoms like fever , night sweats and weight loss in addition to pain ( if at all it caused pain ) . Secondly the enlarged lymph nodes are usually easily picked on a chest x ray so i would say its unlikely to be a result of lymphoma .

Chest pain due to lymph nodes would be dull but there is no specific pain presentation linked with lymphoma as such .So in my view it shouldnt be a lymphoma with mere chest discomfort.

Hope it answers your query

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Okay the pain is like a lot of pressure and sharper when I breath in?
I have had two chest x rays recently so that is reassuring

Yes this shouldnt be lymphoma but it can be pleurisy or inflammation of membrane covering the lungs . You can take anti inflammatories like ibuprofen or naproxen and see if that helps

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thank you for your help. Sorry last question do you think two x Ray would normally pick up if lymph nodes are swollen?
That’s my final question thank you for your help x
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The pain is like someone is sitting on my chest in the middle

Yes lymphoma would cause enlarged hilar lymph nodes, easily picked on x rays

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok thanks a lot x

You are welcome.

Best wishes.