Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a DVT behind my left knee I am on anticoagulants my

I have a DVT behind my left knee I am on anticoagulants my leg is swollen but today my foot is very swollen and. Very sore it’s very red and sore what should I do

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

This sounds like you've developed a case of cellulitis--skin infection around the foot

No specific cause for that although sometimes it starts from a scratch/break in the skin

You need to have your doctor check this out since you'll need a course of oral antibiotics for it

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
No thank you I was afraid I had another clot thank you very much

No--not another clot

My pleasure and call on me anytime

Please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you