Dr. K.
Dr. K., Board Certified MD
Experience:  Board certified with experience in primary care.
65718478

Implant was removed April 5, and I came on my period April

Implant was removed April 5, and I came on my period April 21st which ended on Wednesday 25th which last time days, on may the 1st I took an ovulation test at 11am which was positive then another the same day at 2pm which was also positive however I took another later that evening at 7pm which was fainter, and the next day negative........However I
Had sex Friday 27th April and again Saturday 28th and Sunday 29th last wed Sunday was around 11pm...Then tuesdsy 1st may was the day of my ovulation positive test...And I did not have sex till the Wednesday 2nd at 11pm..What are the chances of me getting pregnant by having sex on these days? And did I have sex at the wrong time to have to best chances to conceive ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Also I took a pregnancy test this morning which is only 7 since I believe was ovulation. Which came back negative with the clear blue 6 day before period test, did I test to early ?
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. I looking forward to assisting you with your question and providing excellent service. First of all, you only do one ovulation predictor test if its positive. You should not keep repeating it. If your period was april 21 then you most likely did get a surge on may 1 indicating ovulation Having sex prior to ovulation can result in pregnancy as the sperm live 5 days. Theres no way to predict the chances. You can test for pregnancy 12 days after ovulation for a reliable result
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
To get a positive on a ovulation kit, does this mean your body as defiantly produced an egg, as I was on the implant for 7 years prior...Also as my ovulation kit was negative that evening when do I actually ovulate ,
Customer: replied 17 days ago.
When did I actually ovulate*******?
You likely ovulated on May 1 since it was the first day of a positive test. Repeating the test is not helpful and means nothing. No it does not necessarily mean an egg was released. It detects an lh surge
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
As I was on the implant for 7 years, would be body be able to produce an egg so soon after removal. Or will it take time for my body to get back to normal to produce ?
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
how soon after a positive on a ovulation test does your body actually release an egg?
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Last question, I took a pregnancy test today with first response at 2pm which came back with a faint second line. Today would be day 9..... is there any chance in a few days this could turn into a positive ? Or will it go negative ?
You can ovulate within a month after the implant is removed. The surge measured by the ovulation test occurs 24 hours prior to ovulation. Yes theres a chance it could become positive