Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I had unprotected sex 14 days ago, my partner did not

I had unprotected sex 14 days ago, my partner did not ejuculate inside of me. I took the morning after pill as a precaution. I’m now a week late for my period. I took a pregnancy test and it’s negative.

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

What you are experiencing (delayed onset of the period) is a very common side effect of the morning after pill which contains hormones that can cause a late period. You will definitely have your period in a few more days. There is no question of pregnancy since the test is very accurate after 14 days.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.

Dear customer,
Were you able to read my answer?
Do you have any further questions?

Dear customer,