DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have just been to my gp for a hormonal check as feeling

I have just been to my gp for a hormonal check as feeling anxious however showed her a bruise like mark on my arm with a small lump underneath caused by I believe a dog nipping my skin over a year ago bruise isn't fading but not getting any bigger she has referred me to a dermatologist so now panicking even more.
Any advice

Hello Julie! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please attach a picture here for me

Customer: replied 16 days ago.

Please attach a picture here for me

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
attache

Can you please take a close shot of it?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Attached

Thanks for the image Julie

It seems like a bruise and actually sometime the clot under the skin do get organized and give such kind of appearance to the skin

It does not look anything serious at all

Its good you get an examination by the dermatologist but as I said nothing to be worried of it is just a organised blood under the skin or bruise

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you will this ever go away as I've been using arnica cream for a couple of weeks and the outer area is yellowing, I'm so concerned thank you

Yes it can go away completely as normal response of body can help in clearing it out

But once again definitely not something to be scared of

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Dear *****,

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I'm just worried that is still there for over a year how long can they take to clear

It can vary but even if it didn't go away there is nothing to worry about at all

So just relax and see the dermatologist but nothing to be worried of

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
Thank you very much

You are welcome Julie!