DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702
Medical

My wife’s in hospital with a severe rash and muscular pain

Hi my wife’s in hospital... Show More
Hi my wife’s in hospital with a severe rash and muscular pain everywhere. He crp and liver levels are high and temp is up. The doctors can diagnose what is wrong with her so I have taken pictures to see if you can shed some light
Show Less

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Please send the pictures here for me

Customer reply replied 15 days ago.
Please see attached photos

Since how long she is experiencing these symptoms?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago.
It’s been over 2 weeks. She has been on 2 types of antibiotics and pain killers but the symptoms have gone worse

Have they checked the muscle enzymes?

Customer reply replied 15 days ago.
I’m not too sure I’ve just asked and waiting for an answer. We will not know until tomorrow.She has had quite a few blood tests carried out, a jelly scan or heart, liver and kidneys, stomach also 2 X-rays

Thanks for the information

I would suggest that she should have muscle enzymes if not done before

This could be a muscle inflammation or myositis

If the rash has appeared after taking the antibiotic the rash could be due to antibiotic

The rash on neck and feet does not seems the same as the one on the foot looks more like a bruise or hematoma which can signify an impaired clotting mechanism

Sometime if liver is having an advance damage the clotting can be impaired and thus a small bleeding under skin with minor trauma or spontaneously and that is what the foot rash looks like

She should have a clotting study as well to see if impaired problem is responsible for this or not

So two things one is myositis and other is a liver damage needs to be ruled out

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer reply replied 15 days ago.
Ok thankyou. I’m going to ask those questions and let you know the answers.

You are welcome

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Customer reply replied 14 days ago.
Hi they have tested for what you said and that has come out clear. They have diagnosed her for lupus and are going to treat her with steroids.

Yes the next thing to consider should be an autoimmune disorder like Lupus

I would suggest that other than steroids she should also get treatment with Hydroxychloroquin

She will start to improve within weeks

Customer reply replied 14 days ago.
My wife also has a heart murmur so they are not sure what strength tablets she needs to take.

Usually in an acute flare of SLE with myositis she can be put on 1mg/kg body weight of prednisolone along with Hydroxychloroquin at a dose of 200-400 mg per day

Then after seeing the initial response steroids can be tapered after a couple of weeks

Asymptomatic heart murmur should not be a problem in getting this treatment

Customer reply replied 14 days ago.
Many thanks for your advice since letting the hospital know what you said things seem to be moving along quicker.

You are most welcome

Wishing your wife a speedy recovery

Thanks a lot

Call me up any time

I am a Consultant Rheumatologist and will try to guide you further if required