Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

I have a lump in my belly button, it’s been there for about

I have a lump in my belly button, it’s been there for about 4 days, seems to ooze smelly clear/yellow stuff

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

Could you please post a photo of that for me on this page?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is the picture

Got it--hold on please

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The lump feels like it has fluid in it, I sometimes get a gunky belly button and that usually goes away within a few days, but this now appeared

You've got a boil there--an infection of the skin that's now a collection of pus that's oozing out

Since it's draining that's a good sign but you really should have your doctor look at it to see if you need a course of oral antibiotics to clear it up

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I’ve recently moved house and I’m not registered with a doctor, is there anything that I can do with it? Will it go away on its own? How else can I treat it? Thanks

Warm packs can help it drain and you can apply an antibacterial ointment like Neosporin twice a day

If it fully drains you may not need antibiotics