Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

I’ve had the marina coil in for 5 years It was removed in

Hi I’ve had the marina coil in for 5 years
It was removed in January 2018 but still no periods and I’ve done several tests which are negative is there a chance I could still be pregnant or is there something else wrong with me

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

This is one of the side effects of Mirena coil.

Once it is removed it can cause amenorrhea ( cessation of periods ) for a while in some females.

The body takes time to balance hormones in order to start periods again.

However, pregnancy should always be ruled out.

As it is seen almost 5 months now so if there was a pregnancy it would have been picked up very easily with a pregnancy test.

You can visit your GP again for a review and blood tests to measure your hormone levels and to rule out other possible causes of you not having a period.

Pregnancy is very unlikely here but still, you can have a blood test for HCG to confirm.

Let me know if you have any questions.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi thanks for the response I have had a small bleed with clots on 13th April till the 19th April but nothing since and I’ve had unprotected sex everyday since

You're welcome

You can have a blood test for Hcg to see if you pregnant or not.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok so is it possible I could still be pregnant

Yes it is possible

Let me know if you have any questions.

Please do take a moment to click on the stars on the top left of this thread to rate this positively with 5 stars.