DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Would a stress test show up if anything was wrong with your

Would a stress test show up if anything was wrong with your heart?

Hello Sophia! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

A stress test will show up any hidden or silent ischemia which is not picked up on normal ECG and echocardiogram

A normal test generally rules out a possibility of a significant ischemic heart disease

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I had a stress test today cause I was having chest pain but the stress test was normal also ecg was normal

Alright so this confirm that the chest pain is not due to cardiac ischemia

Another causes like a muscular pain,stomach related pain or inflammation of pleura should be considered

Please do let me know if you have any other question

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Does this test rule out that my chest pain isn’t my heart?

Yes it rules out an ischemic cardiac pain

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating