DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have had a bad cough which followed a heavy cold and over

Hello, I have had a bad cough which followed a heavy cold and over the last 4 days I have not been able to sleep for contact coughing and with this I am bringing up lumps of hard bright green phlegm. I have not been to work this week as its leaving me completely shattered and the coughing can be very heavy and quite violent and occasionally I sound like a dog barking so to speak? Has this become a chest infection and do I need to see a Doctor? Thank you. Jon

Hello Jon! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Green phlegm with cough indicate a bacterial infection

You need to see your doctor as this will require a course of antibiotic to get rid of the infection

You can take steam inhalation and an anti histamine like Loratadine but more importantly an antibiotic is required

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards