DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had an endoscopy procedure done approximately 2 years ago.

HiI had an endoscopy procedure done approximately 2 years ago. I was dx with 4 ulcers at that time and prescribed triple therapy, I also had 4 ulcers. the follow up endoscopy showed that treatment was successful. I have now received a letter for a follow up endoscopy, any idea why this might be? tanking you in advance

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Were these ulcers present in stomach or duodenum?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
i had 2 duodenum which were classed as significantly large and 2 smaller ones. and they also found that I had heli-cobactor and treated that with triple therapy. I had a repeat endo done after that which showed the treatment was successful and ulcers healed

Do you have any symptoms at present?

Usually it is not required to confirm eradication with a repeat endoscopy or a follow up endoscopy at two years

The only reason could be a suspicious ulcer which require a follow up but as I said it is nor a routine to do endoscopy two years after successful eradication of H.Pylori duodenal ulcer

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards