Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  20 yrs. in practice, includinge surgery, general medicine, addiction medicine and pain.
18722459

To whom it may concern Today at 8:30pm my daughter fell into

To whom it may concernToday at 8:30pm my daughter fell into the payment while walking with her father. There was a bit of a bang on the head but she fell from her own height and there is no bump or bruising. When we came home she was crying form the pain for about 5 minutes and then we dressed her for bed and put her to sleep. 2 hours later she started twisting and turning and crying in her sleep which is not normal and then I thought she was in pain. I gave her ibuprofen and after 20 min she vomited. After vomiting she became extremely happy and started jumping and running around for about 20 minutes after which I put her to bed. Now she is asleep and seems completly normal. I ve been waking her up and as she is very tired it’s proving to be difficult but she is reacting and crying and getting annoyed for waking her up. Please can you tell me if you think I need to go to the emergency room?

Hello. I'm Dr Chip
Thanks for your question and I'm reviewing it.
I'll be back in a moment with and answer or a request for more information

From what you've told me she didn't suffer a concussion and she should be fine and there's no need for the emergency room.

If in the morning she's still fine without a significant headache there's no need to have a doctor check her out

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
But she is 18 months so I won’t know if she has headache or not? Any other symptoms I should look out for?

Any balance problems or a returning of the vomiting might worry me

But if she doesn't seem to be in pain and crying from it I think she's fine

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank you very much

My pleasure and call on me anytime