Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS (R) General Surgery. Years of experience in Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I had a stent fitted last June after Stemi heart attack, Now

I had a stent fitted last June after Stemi heart attack, Now taking 0.75mg Aspirin and 1.25mg Ramipril. I had a hair transplant some years ago and wanted another one to finish it off. I know that Lidocaine is used with Epinephrine but have seen info that this may not be safe. Would it be safe for me to have smaller surgeries that would last up to 2 hours and just have the Lidocaine with no Epinephrine added. Also is it safe to stop the aspirin for a few days before surgery.

Hello, my name is***** and I shall be assisting you today. I'm reviewing your query & will get back to you shortly. Thank you for your patience.

Yes, with some precautions like diluted epinephrine and judicious use along with continuous monitoring of your blood pressure during the procedure and a dose of your regular Ramipril in the morning before the procedure, the hair transplant can be done.

Having high blood pressure has never stopped anyone from getting a hair transplant and experienced hair restoration specialists know the protocols of operating on individuals with high blood pressure.

And the aspirin should be stopped at least 5 days before the procedure. You will need to go to your Cardiologist for a recommendation to stop using the Aspirin. While it is usually allowed, I always send my patients to their cardiologist before this decision is taken.

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you and that I have earned my 5-star rating today! Please remember to rate my service by selecting the 5-stars at the top of the screen (rating me now does not close your question). We can continue here until you are satisfied, simply use the reply box and let me know. Thank you!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Many thanks for answer!

Pleasure, please take good care.