Dr. Ravoof
Dr. Ravoof, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced Physician in the field of Medicine and Surgery.
17799485

I’m visiting uk from Australia and have a bladder infection.

Hi I’m visiting uk from Australia and have a bladder infection. Symptoms have been constant pressure tomurinate, cramping and blood in my urine. I have Amoxycillin 500 mg with me and want to know if these are appropriate for the infection or if I need a different type if antibiotic?

Dear customer,

Thank you for the question.

Even though this is not the first choice antibiotic it can be used effectively to treat an uncomplicated urinary tract infection. So, this antibiotic is appropriate and the usual dose is 500 mg every 8 hours for 3 days. If your symptoms persist even after 3 days of use of the antibiotic then you should see your doctor. If your symptoms become very severe then you should immediately go to the emergency room and should not wait till 3 days.

Take care.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.
Please rate the answer with 5-stars, by clicking the 5-stars above with your mouse (or with your finger on a mobile device).
It will be very generous of you to also consider a bonus.