DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

My partner has been feeling unwell for the last 36 hours or

Hi there,My partner has been feeling unwell for the last 36 hours or so.On Friday night/Saturday morning, around 2am, he woke up feeling extremely cold and achy. His whole body felt extremely hot to touch. Although we didn't check if he had a fever, it very much appeared so, and he took some paracetamol and eventually he was able to get back to sleep. On Saturday morning around 9am, he didn't feel as cold but still quite achy, and slept for another few hours. I checked, and he didn't have a fever. All through Saturday afternoon and evening he did not feel 100% better but was very close to it.On Saturday night he slept through, but has woken up feeling extremely cold and sore again. I checked again if he had a fever, but he doesn't - even though that's what it seems like. He's taken some more paracetamol and is trying to stay warm now, but it seems odd. He seems to have the symptoms of having a fever, but he doesn't? What else could be happening?For reference, he is a 27 year old male, with a normal weight and no other health conditions.Thank you in advance.p.s. I'm being forced to select a category so I have selected cardiology, even though I realise this is not a cardiology question.

Hello Mithila! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

This seems like a viral infection

It will get better in 5-7 days

Just keep him hydrated and give him paracetamol as required

He can also take loratadine as well

Nothing to be worried of in this situation

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating