DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I am 46 (nearly 47) years old & had unprotected sex on day 6

I am 46 (nearly 47) years old & had unprotected sex on day 6 of my cycle. 24hrs later I took the morning after pill as I was nervous of pregnancy. About 10 days later my breasts are very tender which is normal Pre my period but usually just the day or so before. They have been tender for about 8 days and I am not due on for another 4 days. I have done 2 early stage pregnancy tests & both are negative but until I start my period I for some reason am obsessed with the fact that I may be pregnant. What are the chances taking my age & the fact I took the morning after pill?

Hello Janine! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

There is a slight risk of getting pregnant even if you take a morning after pill

This risk can vary from less than 5% to around or slightly above 10% depending upon how soon you have taken the pill after the unprotected sex

But considering the twice negative results you have it is unlikely that you are pregnant

So I don,t see any problem in this and you are not pregnant

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Dear Janine,

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating