DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I had graves disease for a few years, i have been

Hi I had graves disease for a few years, i have been underactive for some time and am between 100 to 150mg Levothyroxine. I did gardening for 3 days 9 days ago and my left little toe became numb the same day and is still numb. I am feeling less energetic, and light headed. My blood pressure was 140/98 sunday for my personal training session and they asked me to get it tested. I am 44 yrs old and overwrought 91.5kg.

Hello Claudette! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

Just to clarify your main concern is numbness of left little toe?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Its the combination of everything

Have you received radio-active iodine for Graves disease?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
No, I went from Propythyrocil and into remission then the dose of lexothyroxine
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Lexothyroxine for 5 or 6 yrs i think

thanks for the information

When you had your last thyroid function test?

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2 weeks ago and making appointment tomorrow to get results
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The numbness in the toe is clearly not normal but is is thyroid related do you think? Thank you

Okay thanks for the information

The first thing I would like to see is the thyroid function test result

Neuropathy can be a complication related to the thyroid disease and needs to be ruled out

If thyroid functions are normal then vitamin B 12, electrolyte, blood glucose should be done

It can be a possible compression of the nerve locally from some trauma or tight shoes as well but first I would have a review of the thyroid function test

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards