Medicaldoctor
Medicaldoctor, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS/MS
17287913

I thought I had a urine infection but the sample comes back

I thought I had a urine infection but the sample comes back negative. Antibiotics don't work. I need to pass water more often and it's a trickle that goes on forever and then I get pain in my tummy. There was a trace of blood in urine and I've had blood tests which were all ok apart from CA125 which was slightly high at 55. Have had ct scan and that was clear. I seem to get pain more at night and have to pass water 4 or 5 times. I had hysterectomy when I was 41 and had 1 ovary removed. Have had sjogrens syndrome from age 44. I had tumor on saliva gland which was non Hodgkins lymphoma in 2010. I am 68.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, I shall be consulting you today.

These symptoms are more likely due to an irritation of the urinary bladder.

This can cause increased frequency, urgency, dribbling of urine.

There is a medication called Oxybutynin hydrochloride. This is specifically used to treat these symptoms that you are having. This is a prescription medication. I would suggest this medicine for you

Another cause of increased frequency of urination can be high blood sugar levels.

Let me know if you have any questions for me