DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

Some years ago, I was diagnosed with h.pylori, and it was

Hi, some years ago, I was diagnosed with h.pylori, and it was suggested I have triple therapy to eradicate it, but I heard there were side effects so decided against it. The result being that I get occasional bouts of gastritis. Some are triggered; others not. Alcohol can trigger it. But then it can also arise from situations of stress. I was wondering if it's dangerous to drink alcohol when you have h. pylori and so are inclined to gastritis? Also, are the side effects of tripe therapy severe?

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

The side effects of not treating H.Pylori are more serious than the side effects of antibiotics used for treatment of H.Pylori

If you will not treat it there is a risk of peptic ulcer and gastric lymphoma as well

The side effects of drugs used to eradicate include some gastric upset,nausea,diarrhea or abdominal pain most commonly

Very rarely serious side effects in form of liver damage or renal damage can occur but it is far less

So my suggestion would be to get a prescription of eradication therapy

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** ti dangerous to drink alcohol when you have h. pylori, with the risk of gastritis, and even ulcer? It seems eradication therapy is quite risky, I will have to think carefully whether I want it.

Alcohol can worsen gastritis symptoms so ideally should be avoided

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating

Regard