DR. EHTISHAM
DR. EHTISHAM, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, FCPS
41140702

I have been prescribed metronidazole 400mg/3 times a day and

Good afternoon,I have been prescribed metronidazole 400mg/3 times a day and 2*phenoxymethylpenicillin 250mg/4 times a day for tonsillitis. After 2 days of taking the treatment, my tonsils are better but I feel dizzy and weak and I have headache. I have never taken so many antibiotics together. Is there anything I can to to minimise the side effects? Many thanks, loredana

Hello Loredena! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with your reply momentarily.

To minimize these symptoms you should keep ypurself well hydrated and you can take Paracetamol for headache

These symptoms will go away after finishing the antibiotics

If dizziness is very bothering you can take some anti-histamine like Loratadine as well

I sincerely ***** ***** I have helped you,and that I have earned my 5-stars rating today.

Please remember to rate my service by selecting 5-stars at the top of the screen(rating me now does not close your question)

We can continue further till you are satisfied and you simply use the reply box to let me know

Thank you and regards

Please do let me know if you have any other question

If done please leave a 5-stars feedback rating